Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Lord, Help Me (4-19-2012)

Lord, please tell me, how I know...
If it is or isn’t so
that You were Jesus,
and Jesus, You -
anymore than we are, too.
I’ve always felt You in my heart,
and always felt like such a part
of a world where once I did belong...
But the one I lived in felt so wrong.
People talk and people preach -
but no one knows just what to teach.
They say they do,
when they really don’t...
They promise to do things,
they really won’t.
People lie and cheat and steal -
and then they tell you what to feel,
what to think and how to live...
Few remember how to give.
Fewer less, even, remember You,
unless they sit in their church pew.
They spout righteousness,
despite their sins -
and go back home to sin again -
never giving a second thought,
to Your presence,
as their follies are wrought.
Help me Lord, to know what to do...
And help me, I pray, to teach what is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to offer your thoughts and opinions...