Wednesday, November 30, 2016

WHO AM i?

As I pass the mirror,
I stop and stare -
who is that person, standing there?
I hardly know her anymore,
that person, who I was before.

She looks at me,
with those trusting eyes -
and a soul that’s seven times her size.
And the more I look,
the more she changes;
The figure, before me - it rearranges.
She stretches and turns,
as for wisdom, she yearns -
And all at once, I realize;

It is me, that I see -
looking back nervously;
And regardless, what the mirror shows,
This soul that I feel -
that’s what is real;
Not what this body knows.

I am, who I am;
For God made me, she.
I am her.  She is me.
We are one - me and she.
And I believe I AM who God wants me to be.

So, inside-out, I will walk,
through this world on my own;
Small and scared -tired and timid -
but not ever really alone.

With my soul exposed,
I wear this shell;
As I walk through life -
and go, through Hell.
And the girl that I was,
I always will be;
Even though, it’s not her, now -
I see looking at me.

In a body that’s aging, withered and worn -
with clothing, now baggy, tattered and torn;
I pour out my soul, so that other’s might learn -
that they, too, should teach -
when it comes to their turn.

And no matter what image,
the mirror might see,
I trust, in just this one thing;
That I am, exactly,
where He wants me to be;
and through all this, my soul, He will bring.
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to offer your thoughts and opinions...