Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Take Time to Pray

Do you ever feel the need to pray,
but hurry on along your way;
All the while, to your self, you say,
“I’ll pray, later on, today.”

But, nighttime comes,
as it always does;
And everything is,
as it always was.
And exhausted, from your day of labor -
and worrying about, your bills and your neighbor -
what things you have,
and what things you don’t,
what you’ll get to do and what you won’t;
You drop on your bed,
all clean and fed -
and forget, that your prayers, haven’t yet been said.

But, there comes a day  of reckoning -
when we must answer,  to God’s beckoning.
And eventually,
you’ll bow your knee -
and see, that He is wise.
For He has a way,
each and every day -
of opening someone’s eyes.

Verily, there comes a season,
when, without rhyme or reason;
On a night, dark and still -
you’ll realize, God’s Will;
As it hits you -
He is here!

So, you bow your head,
and humbly say,
“Lord, I thank you, for today.
Please help me through tomorrow;
and each day after, that I borrow -
until I come, to see you again;
I understand, I can’t know, when.

Stay close beside me -
protect me and guide me -
and help me to stay strong.
Influence my choices;
Teach me your voices -
and fill my heart, with song.

You fill my days,
in so many ways;
With small reminders of You.
The warm sun’s rays. -
And the cool evening haze;
And the satiny morning dew.

So Lord, forgive me when I stumble;
Do your best, to keep me humble.
But know, that when I stumble - it’s because;
You were gracious enough -
(though, your lessons are very tough)
to free me, from your laws.”

And as you finish the prayer of a sinner,
the width of your worries becomes much thinner -
Then your tired eyes will close,
as, your weary heart then slows;
And you surrender yourself to slumber.
Then by God’s great power,
in that mystic hour;
You’ll dream, magical dreams, without number.

He’ll speak to you,
in your dreams that night -
at least, He will;
if you ask Him right.

I, like you, have fought my whole life long;
Sometimes, I feel weak,
when I desire to feel strong.
But I’ve learned, my weakness goes away -
when I remember,
to take the time,
to pray.
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to offer your thoughts and opinions...