Wednesday, November 30, 2016

TORN APART (2006)

I’m so sad... and I feel so bad -
‘cause I just don’t know...
Why would he go?

He became so angry, so cold, and so mad...
He said he wasn’t happy with the life that we had -
but that life, it was ours - it was mine, and his...
And this thing we’re facing now... it is, what it is.

But just what it is, I’m not really sure -
for this thing that is ailing us... is there a cure?
Can we find our way back, from these depths of despair...
Can we find, once again, that love and that care?

I don’t know, where we should go -
from where we now both stand...
All that’s real, is what I feel -
I want to take his hand.

I want him back, like he used to be -
when he held me tight and desired me...
I want us back, the way we were -
to be his only love, that’s what I’d prefer.

Our family, it means so much to me...
What does it mean to him?
Some days seem so hopeful - like it’s all meant to be...
And some others, the light seems so dim.

All I can do, is hope and pray -
that he will awake and find his way...
That he’ll find his way back to the family we’ve made -
and realize the price we have paid.

God, give us strength, to go on without him -
and give me faith, though I still doubt him.

If we must now, be apart -
let me trust, now, in his heart,
he can be a better man...
For his son - I hope he can.
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to offer your thoughts and opinions...